How to find a newborn photographer
So you’re having a baby…congratulations! You may wonder: should I hire a newborn photographer? When should I hire a newborn photographer? How and where can I find a newborn photographer? A lot of these questions and answers can be found in my Frequently Asked Questions, and I am always happy to chat if you’d like to reach out and contact me to ask any further questions.
There are many things to consider, including:
- Budget: You can find newborn photographers in pretty much any budget, from a very low price point to thousands of dollars. This is a personal choice, so look around to find a photographer who fits your preferences.
- Style: It’s so important to look around and find a photographer that matches the style you love for your little one’s photoshoot. Your baby is a work of art, and your photographer wants you to be happy with the end results! Most photographers have their portfolio displayed online in galleries to display their work. Do you prefer light and airy? Dark and moody? Lifestyle? My style is light, airy, classic, and timeless — so reach out if you’d like to chat about booking your baby’s session with me!
- Location: Do you want to travel to your photographer’s newborn studio? How far are you willing to travel, or would you like to find someone close by? Would you prefer to find a photographer who will travel to your home? A good rule of thumb is to google your location + “newborn photographer” or “newborn photographers near me”.
- Products: Would you like digital photos? Prints? Albums? Find out what your potential photographers’ offer and the costs involved.
- Experience: Your baby’s safety should be of the utmost importance, so find out what your photographer’s experience with newborns is to make sure they understand how to keep your baby safe during their photoshoot.
So where should you look? The internet is full of ideas, from Google, to Facebook, Instagram, and even Tik Tok. Ask your family and friends for recommendations. I hope you’ll find the right photographer for you! If you’re looking for a newborn baby photographer in the Menifee, California area — I would love to chat!
Here is an example of one of my favorite baby boy sessions. Little Samson is such a handsome and sweet little guy!! I loved working with his family for his newborn photos, and I’m just a little obsessed with his momma’s gorgeous hair!
Emily Menzie Photography is a newborn photographer in Audie Murphy Ranch in Menifee, California, specializing in baby photos from newborn to first birthday. Emily is available to clients throughout Southern California including Murrieta, Temecula, Riverside County, San Diego, and Orange County.